"...we’re wrapping up content development on Before We Leave and moving onto working on our new project, so we’re changing our approach in how we talk to you all."
Kia ora everyone!
It’s been three months since I last wrote to you all here, it feels like forever ago! 2022 has been weird and wonderful from the get go.
We have a couple of things to share with you today:
Our Latest Content Update
We’re absolutely thrilled with the reception to the Wasteland Update, and the positive feedback we’ve received about the new changes! Thank you to everyone who is playing and giving us thoughts and feedback. It makes all the hard work so worth it.
Quiet Times Ahead
Some of you will know that The Wasteland Update is our final content update for Before We Leave (want context? Watch this video!). We’ve delivered eight free content updates and many patches over the last two years since our launch in May 2020 on the Epic Games Store, and we’re proud of our work. But now that we’re wrapping up content development on Before We Leave and moving onto working on our new project, we’re changing our approach in how we talk to you all.
Simply put, we won’t be around as often! This is pretty typical for the early development of a new game, and we’re no different. We need to focus on our new project, and unfortunately being social takes time away from that.
But what does this actually look like in practice? Let me break it down for you -
- We won’t be as active on social media. Expect bigger gaps between our posts.
- Less Twitch streams and YouTube videos from me, Emily! We’re not sure what the overall schedule looks like yet, but head over to our Twitch channel and keep an eye on our channel calendar in the description for the update scheduling in the coming weeks.
- No news posts and news videos until we’re ready to announce our new game
- This is the biggest one: no Balancing Monkey Games-based player support for console versions of Before We Leave. All non-Steam and EGS enquiries will be handled by Team17 via this form - https://support.team17.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new
What won’t change -
- We’ll still be hanging out on the Discord! We’ll always do our best to chat with you, and help you when we can.
- Fixing severe bugs in Before We Leave.
Emily’s Special Thanks
I wanted to give a big shout out to our wonderful mod team, particularly Deadm8, Zero and Ninjapizzamonkey, as well as our long term community members Kuja, Sheff, Bowi, Scott, gamers2000 and l_x_fx, and all of the lovely regular people that come and hang out with me on the Wednesday dev streams over on Twitch. I’ve definitely missed a few names here so apologies if you weren’t mentioned - the point I’m trying to make is, I count myself as an extraordinarily lucky community manager; I get to oversee the best community on the internet (I am not at all biased)! Thank you all for everything you do, particularly for choosing to spend your free time with us. We live in a very busy world, so the gravity of this decision isn’t lost on me. ❤
Thanks for reading! We'll be releasing information about our new project eventually, so check back here often. We can't wait to show you what we're doing - it's pretty cool.
Ngā mihi nui 👋