"Balancing Monkey Games has some exciting new plans for the future, and we need your help to make them happen!"
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! Thank you to everyone who emailed us - we'll be contacting all applicants within the next fortnight.
Balancing Monkey Games has some exciting new plans for the future, and we need your help to make them happen!
We have some gaps in our skill sets. We need people who can help with:
- Programming - C# / Unity
- 2D art, including; concept art, in-game 2D art, marketing-centric graphics
- UI/UX design - separately or together!
- Game/systems design - especially someone who loves putting all the details of a game system into some beast of a spreadsheet and crunching those numbers until they sing. (If this description is annoyingly poetic to you, you may be the person we’re looking for!)
If you have one, some or all of these skills please get in touch! We’re perfectly happy to consider flexible work arrangements for the right people.
About Balancing Monkey Games
We’re a small indie studio based in Ōtepoti/Dunedin, Aotearoa New Zealand. We value diversity, inclusivity and giving back to our local communities. Our mission is to create peaceful & accessible games that spark a sense of wonder and exploration in our players. We are the creative minds behind Before We Leave, an award-winning city building game - maybe you’ve heard of it!?
Why would you want to work with Balancing Monkey Games, I hear you ask?
- We’re trialling four-day work weeks - you get Mondays off, but get paid the same annual rate.
- Our Dunedin office is really nice (in a quirky way), and in a great location, near tons of scrummy international eateries, public transport, and free parking.
- We strongly believe in supporting our people however we can - flexible working arrangements (including remote work and job sharing), 10-day minimum sick leave allowance, conference and training budget, weekly staff & whānau shared lunch, and so on!
- We’re transparent about pay rates within the team, and we believe in equal opportunity for everyone (for example, in our team of 5, 3 of us are women, and 3 are parents). If you belong to any minority group (whether in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, or anything else!) we strongly encourage you to apply. Diversity makes us better!
- If you’d like to know more about us, have a read of our publicly available Studio Handbook here. We also hosted an Ask Us Anything on Twitch/YouTube; if you'd like to know more about the roles and how we're hiring, please check out the video linked at the bottom of this page.
Applications closed at 5pm Wednesday the 27th October NZST.